At Sterling we pride ourselves on the level of service that we provide to our clients. As a result we take all complaints seriously and aim to respond to all complaints lodged with us as quickly as possible.
How do I lodge a complaint?
If you have a complaint in relation to any of our products, services or any other aspect about our operation, please direct it to:
- If you have a usual contact at Sterling Insurance Pty Ltd (Sterling), then to your usual contact at Sterling. If your usual contact at Sterling is unable to resolve your complaint, it will be referred to our Complaints Officer, Anthony Parington. If you do not have a usual contact at Sterling, to our Complaints Officer, Anthony Parington.
- If your complaint has been raised verbally or in person, you will usually be asked to detail your complaint in writing.
If you have prepared a written complaint, please send it to:
Attn: Chris Dardaneliotis – Complaints Officer (CONFIDENTIAL)
Sterling Insurance Pty Ltd
PO Box 286
NORTH SYDNEY NSW 2059
Alternatively, your written complaint can be sent electronically via email to email@example.com
Providing we have all the necessary information and have completed any required investigation we will respond to your complaint within 15 working days. We will advise you within 15 working days if we require more time to resolve your complaint.
For Lloyd’s security only, you may also prefer to refer to the Lloyd’s brochure titled “What do I do if I have a complaint?”. Furthermore, Lloyd’s is a signatory to the General Insurance Code of Practice which also provides information about the complaints process.
What information do I need to provide with my complaint?
When you lodge a complaint with us we will generally require the following information:
- Name, address and telephone number of the policyholder;
- Details of the policy concerned (policy and/or claim reference numbers, etc);
- Details of the reasons for lodging the complaint; and
- Copies of any supporting documentation you believe may assist us in addressing your complaint appropriately.
What can I do if I am unsatisfied with the response I receive?
Should you be unsatisfied with:
- Our response to your complaint; and/or,
- The way we handled your complaint;
the complaint then escalates into a dispute.
At that stage, the nature of the dispute will determine to whom it is referred. Information about the next steps will be provided at that point in time however in general terms, if the dispute arises:
- Solely from Sterling (and not anything to do with an underwriter/insurer supporting Sterling), the dispute will be directed to the Financial Ombudsman Service. FOS is an independent body that operates nationally in Australia and aims to resolve disputes between you and an insurance intermediary and/or insurer. Your dispute must be referred to the FOS within 3 months of the date of our final decision. FOS is a service provided to customers free of charge. A decision by FOS is binding on us, but not binding on you.
- From a claim (or any other matter) involving Lloyd’s, you can direct your dispute to Lloyd’s Australia Limited.
- From a claim (or any other matter) not involving Lloyd’s, you can direct your dispute to the relevant underwriter/insurer who will then advise you about their complaints/disputes process.
Please, tell us what you think.
We welcome and value your feedback. Our Complaints Officer has the appropriate authority to deal with any feedback (including any concerns or complaints) you have.
If you have any further questions about any matter and/or complaint please contact us.
Our Contact Details
Sterling Insurance Pty Limited
ABN 12 084 296 168 AFSL 237880
Level 8, 33 Berry Street, North Sydney NSW
PO Box 286, North Sydney NSW 2059
Telephone: + 61 2 9950 4000 Facsimile: + 61 2 9950 4001
This Complaints brochure applies from 3rd June 2011.
PO Box 286
North Sydney NSW 2059
Level 8, 33 Berry St,
North Sydney NSW 2060
Ph: 02 9950 4000
Fax: 02 9950 4001
Bank: St George
CB Central Market,
55 Market Street,
Sterling Insurance Pty Limited